Monday, February 19, 2007

F%$$#@g Hoyas....

I'll get to the trivia answer (and today's question) in a moment.

G'Town 58, Nova 55.

Very frustrating. Especially since it was a game that the Cats could have easily won. I turned it on to see Nova sink 2 free throws and up their lead to 11 at 29-18. Hoyas then went on a 9-0 run to end the half, culminating in a 3/4 court buzzer-beater 3 pointer. 29-27 at the half.

Needless to say, I watched National Treasure instead of the second half.

But I did turn it on in time to see the team give up a 55-53 lead, and Clark miss a 3-ptr with 5 seconds left.

If their Tourney hopes aren't dead, they certainly are severely injured. Today's game at Marquette takes on the appearance of a must win. Marquette is the #12 team in the country going into this week. Yikes.

Figures. Georgetown rips our heart out again. If they'd managed to hold on and beat Florida in last year's tournament, who knows what would have happened?

Trivia Time. Well there was an overwhelming number of answers submitted (read: zero), which means either (a) I stumped everyone, or (b) my readership has dwindled to just me. I'll go with (a) - it's easier on my ego. Answer: Artie Wilson hit .402 in 1948 while playing for the Birmingham Black Barons.

I said I'd make the questions range from easy to start the week to hard on Friday, so here's today's hanging curveball: Which Cardinal great was known as 'The Fordham Flash'?

Answer tomorrow.

No comments: