Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Quick Update

I'm a little pressed for time this morning. I'm working on a post for today, but whether or not it gets up on this calendar day will depend on my work load this morning.

The day after a holiday is always rough, as you know, trying to cram a 5-day work week into 4 days.

I had duty yesterday (relieved this morning), which didn't lend itself to posting in the morning as has become the norm around here.

Speaking of that, an update which will be reflected later in the margin. My work schedule has shifted to allow me a posting window in the mornings during the week. I'm (as can be seen by recent posts) trying to get stuff out there during the work week; most posts are up by 0800 Pacific Time, so feel free to stop by more often.

One more thing: There was a pretty bad fire on the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON last Friday. Thankfully no one was seriously hurt, but the in port time to recover from this may be significant. Please remember those sailors in your prayers; there is nothing scarier than a multi-deck fire at sea.

No comments: